Jul 2, 2019
Moving into July, watch Agronomist Dave Dyson and Product Specialist Jessica link discuss the importance of tissue testing your crops and considerations for corn sidedress.
- Sign Up
Tissue Testing to Find Deficiencies
- If you see a deficiency, yield is already impacted
- Although a field may look fine, perform a tissue test to diagnose hidden deficiencies and determine a course of action
Diagnosing Multiple Deficiencies
- Nutrients interact with each other which may cause a misdiagnosed nutrient deficiency
- Wet weather has caused restricted root growth making it difficult for roots to get all the necessary nutrients
Considerations for Corn Sidedress
- Talk to your ag advisor to determine a plan for total nitrogen use or perform a Pre-Sidedress Nitrate Test (PSNT)
- Consider using carbon humate products to protect the nitrogen and feed the microbes in the soil
Morning Comments: M-F @ 8:00AM
Closing Comments: M-F @ 4:00PM
USDA: After each monthly USDA report during periods of significant crop progress.
Crop Progress: From Spring to harvest, we provide crop progress updates every two to three weeks.
Thanksgiving, 11/28/2019: No Videos
Christmas, 12/25/2019: No Videos
New Year's Day, 1/1/2020: No Videos