Jul 9, 2019
Weekly Crop Update
In this week's crop update, Agronomist Dave Dyson, Product Specialist Jessica Link and Senior Sales Representative Seth Miller talk about low-salt starter providing dividends in the field, hope for hail damage throughout Central Indiana and wheat harvest progressing in Northwest Ohio.
- Sign Up
Corn and Soybean Update
- Despite issues with compaction, corn is doing well and overcoming the current growing conditions
- Across the overall field, applying starter vs no starter is showing about a 10-inch advantage or a whole growth stage ahead
Hope to Overcome Hail Damage
- Strong storms in Central Indiana caused hail damage, but the corn should overcome any harm because it is still in an early growing stage
- Before the V4-V5 growing stage of corn, the growing point is below the ground
Wheat Harvest Update
- Check your discount schedules to find shrink, moisture, and vomitoxin updates
- Vomitoxin is present, but attempts are being made to mitigate severity
Morning Comments: M-F @ 8:00AM
Closing Comments: M-F @ 4:00PM
USDA: After each monthly USDA report during periods of significant crop progress.
Crop Progress: From Spring to harvest, we provide crop progress updates every two to three weeks.
Good Friday, 4/10/2020: No Videos
Memorial Day, 5/25/2020: No Videos
Independence Day, 7/3/2020: No Videos
Labor Day, 9/7/2020: No Videos
Thanksgiving Day, 11/26/2020: No Videos
Christmas, 12/25/2020: No Videos
New Year's Day, 1/1/2020: No Videos