Jun 4, 2019
With the Prevent Plant deadline quickly approaching, Agronomist Dave Dyson and Senior Account Representative Seth Miller address some of your questions about applying nutrients to the fields, Prevent Plant insurance claims, and ways to consider adjusting your risk management plan. Senior Safety Manager Anne Cook talks about safety in the field as well.
- Sign Up
Tips / Safety Message by Anne Cook, Senior Manager, Environmental Health & Safety
- Let someone know where you are going- you need to be trackable in case of emergency.
- Know your limits - ask for help if you need it.
- Take a break - stay alert and safe.
- Trust your instincts - if it doesn’t feel right, don’t do it.
Applying Nutrients to a Wet and Cool Field with Dave Dyson, Agronomist
- Switch to an early maturity hybrid and be aware of the growing degree days.
- Consider the benefits of starter fertilizer such as getting the crop out of the ground faster, decreasing duration of pollination, and having a dryer harvested crop.
Understanding Prevent Plant and Your Risk Management Plan with Senior Account Representative, Seth Miller
- Discuss your approach with your crop insurance agent.
- Don’t wait: submitting a claim early is easier than waiting until the last minute.
- Contact your Account Rep at The Andersons to discuss your marketing portfolio.
Morning Comments: M-F @ 8:00AM
Closing Comments: M-F @ 4:00PM
USDA: After each monthly USDA report during periods of significant crop progress.
Crop Progress: From Spring to harvest, we provide crop progress updates every two to three weeks.
Independence Day, 7/3/2020: No Videos
Labor Day, 9/7/2020: No Videos
Thanksgiving Day, 11/26/2020: No Videos
Christmas, 12/25/2020: No Videos
New Year's Day, 1/1/2020: No Videos